Friday, 31 May 2013
After many years of consulting video game walkthroughs and thinking we could do better, here's our first attempt!
This is a complete guide to all 80 of the Serpent Emblems hidden throughout Resident Evil 6. We have included pictures of each one, including multiple images where we thought it was necessary.
We cannot guarantee that the walkthrough is spoiler-free, so we recommend that you have played through the whole game at least once before using our guide. We also do not hold your hand between emblems or tell you what to kill, when or how. Our suggestions are, in our view, the most practical ways to obtain each emblem, but they are not necessarily the only ways.
We hope that our guide is useful to you. Please enjoy!
Leon & Helena
Chris & Piers
Jake & Sherry
This guide was made using the PS3 version of Resident Evil 6 and no other walkthroughs.
Please do not reproduce any or all of this guide anywhere without permission.
17. Chapter 5.1 - High-Rise Area - From the start of the level, where you are helping Leon and Helena from the helicopter, look down and to your left for a yellow lorry crashed into the front of a store. Strafe right to see the emblem in the back of this truck, near the cab. You can also zoom in to make this easier, then spray it with bullets.
18. Chapter 5.1 - High-Rise Area - During the helicopter flight, where Ada says "ooh, that's a nice model, wouldn't mind one of those for myself", strafe right and look down to a white sign with red and black Chinese lettering. The emblem is on top of the sign and must be shot before you destroy the enemy helicopter.
19. Chapter 5.3 - Quad Tower Roof - Before rescuing the survivors from the building with the lightning rod, strafe as far left as possible. Look down to the left where the emblem is resting near the skylight.
20. Chapter 5.3 - Quad Tower Roof - Once you have landed the helicopter, make your way onto the suspended girder. Move to the far end and look down to the right. The emblem is on the roof of the building opposite, below the white sheets.
13. Chapter 4.2 - Aircraft Carrier - Bridge - After avoiding the spotlights for the first time and grappling to the level above, the emblem is to your left, near a smashable crate.
14. Chapter 4.2 - Aircraft Carrier - Bridge - After the cutscene where Ada finds out about her clone, you will drop down to a corridor patrolled by a single J'avo. After performing a stealth kill, look to your left to see the emblem inside a broken locker.
15. Chapter 4.3 - Aircraft Carrier Interior - From the start of this section, turn 180 degrees and look to the left of the open hatch. The emblem is at ground level leaning against a metal column.
16. Chapter 4.3 - Aircraft Carrier Interior - Once you get to the room where you first see Carla's giant face coming out of the wall, the emblem is behind a central metal unit and can be obtained in one of two ways. The easiest is to get past Carla's face, go through the door and turn 180 degrees where the emblem can be shot safely from distance. Alternatively, for a closer shot, move towards the emblem avoiding Carla's face. A good technique is to leave the room, turn around and re-enter.
9. Chapter 3.1 - Tenement - Bin Street - Once in the market stall area where Ada says "too bad I can't enjoy a night on the town", head for the third stall on the left. The emblem blends in well at the top centre of a belt display.
10. Chapter 3.1 - Tenement - Bin Street - You will enter an area where a J'avo will attack a group of civilians before turning on you. Turn left, and go around to the right, between two green kiosks. Go right again, to the end and the emblem is inside a red roadblock, next to a burning green van.
11. Chapter 3.2 - Shopping District - Once you jump onto the moving bus, it will soon come to a standstill in front of some scaffolding. Run towards the scaffolding, the emblem can be seen through it to the left of a green tarp. This is time sensitive, as the bus will start moving again. It can be shot just as the bus moves away, but beware as you will also have company.
12. Chapter 3.3 - Train - After grappling from the train, Ada will land outside an apartment building. Head inside and go to the stairs on the right. Stand at the top, to the right side and the emblem is well hidden behind a large box at the bottom of the stairs.
5. Chapter 2.1 - Forest Cemetery - From where you start, follow the path around to the right where there is an open grave. Before dropping down, head around the back of the large headstone where the emblem is situated at the base.
6. Chapter 2.1 - Forest Cemetery - After opening the crypt using the Simmons Family Crest pieces. drop down and turn 180 degrees immediately. Look up and right, and the emblem is in a corner of the room.
7. Chapter 2.3 - Underground Lab - After exiting the elevator and dealing with the Whopper, turn left and crawl under the gate. Go forward towards the three smashable crates and turn right. A Whopper will emerge in the water. The emblem is against a railing to the right.
8. Chapter 2.3 - Underground Lab - After dropping down to the shallow water, turn 180 degrees to find the emblem on the cavern wall.
1. Chapter 1.1 - Submarine Interior - After pushing the oxygen tanks to reveal a crawlspace, proceed through, heading along the corridor marked "Armory", turning right and stealth-killing the J'avo as necessary. You will eventually reach a staircase. Head up and the emblem is in a bedside cabinet on the right. You can shoot this without alerting the J'avo as long as you killed everybody in the area.
2. Chapter 1.2 - Submarine - Reactor - From the start of this area, open the door and head into the next area. Turn left and head towards the pillar with the white box on it. The emblem is on the reverse of the pillar.
3. Chapter 1.2 - Submarine - Reactor - After the cut scene where you fall into the depths of the sub, and "plan B" is to outrun the rising water, dash through the area until you see a mutated J'avo hanging from the ceiling. Turn left and the emblem is up and right, at the side of the ladder. This whole section is time sensitive, but there is ample opportunity to get the emblem and carry on escaping.
4. Chapter 1.3 - Submarine - Torpedo Room - From the start of this area, head forward, jumping through two doorways. In the room with two smashable crates, turn 180 degrees and the emblem is at ground level on a pipe to the right.
17. Chapter 5.1 - Underwater Facility 1 - You will see this emblem in the cutscene where you are released from your restraints. It is on a high pipe, in the corner of the room, opposite the door. You can't get this until you have your weapons back, which are in the next room.
18. Chapter 5.1 - Underwater Facility 1 - Once you enter the door marked "E" from the makeshift elevator, pull the lever, then head right, down the corridor, turing right at the junction. You will find yourself in an area with fridges and lab equipment. The emblem is on the middle shelf of the fridge to your left as you enter. Break the glass and shoot the emblem.
19. Chapter 5.3 - Underwater Facility 2 - In the lava-filled room with Ustanak, push the crate with your partner, dropping down to the level below. Turn 180 degrees, then go left and follow the path to the very end. The emblem is at the base of the pillar ahead.
20. Chapter 5.4 - Shipping Center - From the start of the area, head straight forward, turning right at the end. The emblem is clearly visible on the floor and must be kicked as you have no guns at this point.
13. Chapter 4.1 - City And Highway - You can only get this emblem with Sherry. During the motorcycle chase, you will reach a section where you have to shoot a tanker in slow motion. The emblem is on a sign slightly up and left (we have circled it in red). It must be shot before you blow up the tanker. There is a small, but ample, window to do both.
14. Chapter 4.3 - Poisawan - Shopping District - While following the path, jumping over obstacles, you will reach an area with a flashing pink sign and J'avo running left ahead of you. There will be an overturned taxi next to a "pedestrians" sign to your left. Head around the taxi to see the emblem on the windscreen of the white car (registration number KZ-495).
15. Chapter 4.4 - Shopping District - Once you have fallen through the canopies, turn to your left and head past the overturned truck. The emblem is in a dark corner, next to a green kiosk.
16. Chapter 4.4 - Shopping District - Once you leave through the gate that Sherry opened, follow the path around and climb the ladder. Stand facing the railing and aim down and right to the emblem, which is leaning against a green kiosk with a "hair salon" sign above it. Alternatively, the emblem can be shot through a gap in boxes to the bottom right of the ladder before you climb up.
9. Chapter 3.1 - Research Facility - Detention Center - As Jake, after dropping down from the shaft above, you will enter a small surveillance room. Examine the console to use the CCTV gun turret. Cycle through the cameras twice until you are facing a bookcase. The emblem is on top of the bookcase and can easily be shot with your camera mounted gun (we have circled this in red). You can't get this emblem as Sherry.
10. Chapter 3.2 - Research Facility - Living Quarters - Leave the locker room and follow the path around until you reach a staircase. Before going up the stairs, head through the door at the end of the corridor. You will be in a room with lots of blue shelves and boxes. The emblem is on the central shelving unit, on the middle shelf, between two boxes and can be shot from either side.
11. Chapter 3.3 - Research Facility - Entrance - Once the tank has broken through the doors, stand with the token machine statue between you and the tank. The tank will blow up the statue and the emblem is on the floor, where the statue previously stood. It is easier to see once the rubble has cleared. The tank will eventually roll onto this area, covering the emblem, so get it ASAP!
12. Chapter 3.3 - Research Facility - Entrance - Once you get to the area with the water, turn right and head all the way to the end. Turn left, and the emblem is against some rocks at the edge of the water. The tank will burst through the wall during this time, so beware.
* You can get emblem 6 before emblem 5 if you wish. However, Jake's collection cabinet displays them in the following order *
5. Chapter 2.1 - Mountain Path - In the area where you find FOS Memory Device A, there is a caterpillar track vehicle. The emblem is in the driver's cab.
6. Chapter 2.1 - Mountain Path - You can shoot this emblem from a few places. The first is right from where you start the level. Look ahead to a pylon in the distance, past the ladder. The emblem is at the very top and can be shot with a sniper rifle, once you have it. Alternatively, after obtaining FOS Memory Device C, walk forward to the cliff edge and the pylon is right in front of you. This is a much easier shot that does not require the sniper rifle.
7. Chapter 2.2 - Snow-Covered Mountain - During the snowmobile section, while you are trying to outrun the avalanche, you must run over the emblem with your vehicle. It is just before the tunnel towards the end of the run, on the right-hand side, on a smooth area of the ground, immediately after the very bumpy, jumpy section where Jake yells "keep your speed up". We have circled the emblem in red.
8. Chapter 2.3 - Cave - In the room with the maze patrolled by Oko (glowing guard bat B.O.W.s), you will have to make your way through to a door that opens with a valve handle. Once you reach this door, before opening it and escaping the area, turn 180 degrees and the emblem is ahead of you, slightly to the left (we have circled this in red). When you shoot it, you will attract the attention of Ustanak, but it is possible to get the emblem, open the door and escape safely all at once.
Resident Evil Code Veronica guns Jill Valentine Chris Claire Redfield mansion Albert Wesker Sherry Annette William Birkin Tyrant Mr X zombie Alexia Alfred Ashford cerberus movie film Mila Milla Jovovich Sienna Guillory Colin Salmon Michelle Rodriguez Nemesis cop licker Carlos Olivera costumes cosplay role play stars S.T.A.R.S. Chief Irons sewers aligator Police Station Game Cube PlayStation PS1 PSX PS2 XBox 360 PS3 train lift Umbrella puzzle Rebecca Chambers Brad Vickers chickenheart helicopter rocket launcher herbs Ada Wong flame acid rounds snake Barry Burton Alice Leon S Kennedy Steve Burnside monster survival horror master of unlocking lockpick Moonlight Sonata Japanese Japan Biohazard weapon t minus T-virus g-virus virus detonation key berreta magnum colt python Ivy elevataor Raccon City Spencer Arklay Mountains incident forrest forest shield medal groan church clock tower Capcom RE 1 2 3 4 5 6 CV RE1 RE2 RE3 RE4 RECV RE5 Helena Harper Piers Nivans Jake Muller Walkthrough Walk Through Game Guide Apocalypse Extinction Afterlife 3D